Thursday, December 1, 2011

300 Challenge: Cryx Chicks Part 4

My 300 Challenge is back in gear as of tonight. I have a great deal to get done before I head home for Christmas break, but I think I can do it. My Satyxis raiders and witches are done enough to be put back on the shelf, so I am sending them off the painting table and getting ready for some new stuff. My final steps were to highlight the hair, ink the flesh, and add water effect for the bases.
 The bases on these gals were finished with some snakebite leather and sepia wash. I am getting low on sepia, however, as I have found it works for lots of applications, such as wood, water, and leather.
 I should apologize for my lighting. I can't seem to get it back the way I had it. These all look too washed out and over-highlighted. Time to try a light box again, I guess.
 I even had time to work on Sorscha. She is a nice model. I have heard from several gaming buddies that they don't like her. Not sure why, I think she looks cool. The base needs some work, but I need to look at some reference pictures before I finish it.
This, along with a couple odds and ends brings me to 26 done for this session. Next on the painting table are my Circle of Orboros models that will be used in the tournament I am going to over break. They are already mostly done, so they will help me post some quick numbers on the boards. After that I will probably go back to GW for the win. Current total: 135. Still a long way to go!

-Maniple

No comments:

Post a Comment

RIP thelowercrypt.blogspot.com

I shouldn't have pressed the button...